Thursday 23 August 2012

Lebanese Man Lives Within His Salary in The Gulf


Lebanese Qatar resident Farid el Fatoush was last night ejected from the Lebanese in Qatar society for insulting Lebanese culture and traditions.

Farid decided and made public last night that he would spend no more than his monthly income each month and in fact would save some extra cash towards his future life in a Bierut suburb. Farid explained to our intrepid reporter of the Gulf-Penisular his new founds ways, 'Of course when I first move to the gulf I wanted it all. I took out a car loan for a sports car I couldn't afford to run, I order $200 bottles of champange at the most disrectful and tasteless nightclubs in town and had a girlfriend whose spending habits would make Imelda Marcos blush, but then one day I started to think about the future. Maybe this wouldn't last for ever, maybe at some point I would like to go home with some money in my pocket.'
After ditching the BMW Z4 and buying a Nissan Tiida, he ditched the girlfriend and now just drinks Stella purchase from QDC on a Thursday night we his new friends.

'Of course it was hard to start with as my Lebanese friends have disowned me, but now when I go to a bar I have my shirt buttoned all the way to the top and I no longer try to impress women with my outrageous spending habits, shiny pointy shoes and my indefensible boasting about my life. Now I hang out with people with realistic dreams and ideas and hope what waits me later is a comfortable retirment rather than hanging on for one last job in the Gulf'.

Other members of the Lebanese Society in Qatar are no so gracious, Ahmed of West Bay's most expensive apartment, (HE asked us to say that) said, 'I heard he went to the W hotel and his bar bill was under 400 QR for the whole night. Is he trying to shame us or what? If I don't get through at least 5,000 QR in a night, then I go home in shame. We have a reputation to maintain and we can't have people like him spoiling it for the rest of us. My girfriend takes 4 hours to put her make up on and get dressed when we go out and that is what I call a statement. I sleep with that what do you do'
Reports coming out of Beirut last night, made Farid favourite to be appointed Finance Minister for Lebanon despite strong lobbying.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious. .. I love this piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Of course I am not stereotyping all Lebanese as you can see by the man I portray......he bought me a drink last week and it cost less than 200 QR.....

      Delete